Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween 2010

2010 has been a really good year so far and Halloween has been no exception. I'd say it started with heading to our friend's (and my former co-worker's) annual oyster roast/shrimp feast. Where I took my cake pops which turned out pretty yummy - as was all the food brought by everyone and the shrimp - we just ignore the oyster part. ;-) The boys always have a great time running around over there and playing ping pong.

I had fun creating their costumes this year. Franklin wanted to be a ranger from one of his favorite books, Ranger Apprentice and Patch wanted to be the Grim Reaper:


We went to the Trick or Treating at the Village at Sandhills last night and were a little late - it was suppose to be from 6-8 and we got there before 7 - too many of the stores were already out of candy and that's pretty sad. But, we did get to stop at the Marble Slab for some yummy ice cream!!
The crowds were huge and if you haven't figured it out yet, I don't like crowds much. And, we didn't get to see Marsha and the girls or April and her kids! :( I think the boys got 8? 10? pieces of candy. I guess we got out and got some exercise though.

What do you think of this mama taking her kids out T or T'ing? See the babies eyes glowing?


The boys made out like bandits going around the neighborhood tonight. I think they about wore Todd out doing a lot of the neighborhood. I stayed home and passed out candy. I only bought 3 bags of candy because we never know how many kids we are going to get here. Most of our immediate neighbors don't turn their lights on in this stretch but Todd said a lot of the neighbors were passing out candy this year. We had to turn the lights out about 8:30.


The Avon lady was pretty smart to send candy home for mom - if I didn't already have a rep, I would have to use her :D

Every year we put our spider out front and he scares a lot of the kids by dropping down his line when he hears a noise and then scurrying up the line again while flashing his red eyes. The boys were so tickled by some teenagers getting scared a couple years ago. I did find a couple of kids on the far side of the porch this year though - Good old Wendy, trying to give the little kids a heart attack!

I can't get a still shot of him with his eyes glowing - they don't glow when he's still!!

Happy Halloween all! I hope you had fun too :)

5 comments:

  1. Ya'll should have let me play with the spider, could have gotten the babies off her back. The ice cream was the best part of the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't want her to bite you or anybody else!! Mamas can get awful protective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We missed seeing you guys too. By the time you were there we had already be there, done the rounds and left. And don't be fooled by some of those signs. We saw a few when we started not giving out candy, then as we were leaving they had notes they were "already out". My fanny!! Looks like the boys made out well anyway. Your Avon lady is glad to hear you are not dumping her over candy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I wondered about that too. And the one that said they gave all their candy to another store - I wondered if the other store knew that. I hope we can get together soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too. But I'm still hoping I can see you as I drop off the girls Monday. :) Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete