Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Another Field Trip!

I told the boys we were field trip free this weekend because I had completely forgotten about today's field trip. I'm sooo glad I checked my calendar on Monday evening! We had a fun time at the Congaree National Park today. Did you know that this is the only National park in SC? (I don't know what we'd do without our friend, April, planning all these fun activities for us!)

We started out with a tour on the boardwalk through the park.
Our guide could have been a little more friendly towards the kids. She seemed to think they were a great group (Are any of my homeschooling friends surprised? ;-) ) but she has talking/interupting issues!
We took a lunch break. Patch ate half of his pickle and lettuce sandwich - don't you wish you were that lucky to try one? The boys took off to play war and the girls (and a couple of the more sweet boys) built a fort.

Then.... we went on the much anticipated canoe trip! We headed down the river and turned around and came back. It was a great lesson about team work. Patch & Franklin finally stopped soaking me and we got into a pretty good rythm of working together on the way back up river (stream? It was pretty slow with not much rain lately.)






At one point (this last picture) Julia's oldest said something about jumping out of the boat, onto the tree crossing the water and then back into the boat. I have to say that I was totally impressed! She did it so fast, we didn't see a thing! WTG girl!! :D

4 comments:

  1. Man, I wish I could have gone, looks like a great time for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and Tyler just read your post and it was wonderful. So great to hear the summary of the day and feel like we were there again:) Great pics! So glad everyone had a nice day!!!! Looking forward to our next field trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely summary of a great field trip.

    Pickle and lettuce, eh? hmm.. sounds interesting enough. ;0)

    Your entries are so warm, and I always have a smile on my face when I read them.. its like we are sitting together discussing and catching up. :) See you soon, friend.

    ReplyDelete