Saturday, May 28, 2011

My Organizer...

Okay, Todd and I have worked hard on this couponing stuff and I decided that I'd borrow an idea or two from my homeschooling moms too. I might have to figure out a separate organizer for the homeschooling school year - to keep the forms, the planner/diary and samples of their work handy. But, that's a different project to work on this summer.

So.... the first thing you get when you start couponing is coupons! Looking at this, you would think 'Lego Box'
Well, you'd be wrong! I rescued it from the garage and it now holds all the flyers that I've gone through and cut coupons out of that I hope to use sometime. These are things that we normally eat or use and maybe a couple of new things to try. It also keeps my scissors where I 'should' be able to find them - I know you moms out there know how easily scissors can disappear.
Friends and Todd's co-workers have been great about sharing their unused coupons with me. They just need to stop using all the coupons I want! LOL But, seriously - they've been great! and I will have to make them some cookies or brownies from what I get free or cheap thanks to them :)

So, here is my organizer. I can't call it my coupon binder because it's more than that.
I got it for $10 from Walmart. I bought some baseball card holders there but they're really too small so the boys will have some holders for all their Pokemon or whatever cards.  The front flap will hold an iPod and has a place for the ear buds or something to come out from - sorry, I'm not taking this thing jogging with me! (Well, the extra weight might help.... I might have to rethink that - after I get an iPod or whatever plays music - I know, I'm so techno savvy. ;-) )

The front flap opens up to where I can store pens/pencils, keys, a business card or two... and maybe more if I need it.

Inside, it has a file folder system on the left, I could put some flyers in there but I don't want to carry them all! So, right now that's open to options. The right side has a 3-ring binder where I have a notebook for duh... notes, a calendar and other things.

The calendar goes through Dec 2012 so I can plan for the future a bit :)

Next is the great part that Todd helped me with. I have the store coupon policies, current deals I'm interested in getting and then... THE COUPONS!! I have them sorted into store coupons, food coupons and non-food coupons and all the coupons are alphabetical. I think that will work best for my brain. Not all coupons have made it into the binder yet. I need more holder thingys.

So... now I need to go get organized and get to the store, hopefully saving more money than I have before! And, if I run into someone or something that needs to book some time in our day, I'll have my calendar with me! This will be after I get dressed and hopefully gather some broccoli from the garden!! YAY!

5 comments:

  1. I still cannot believe we bought the same binder!!! Only mine is grey/black, because of the nasty floors at TKD. :)

    You seem to have the organization done and are well on your way. I cannot wait to hear how far you can go with it! Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!!! I might work on setting up something like this:)
    Through Dec you say......hmmmm...Go ahead and give yourself some "white space" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go girl! All organized AND couponing! Since we moved I can't seem to get into a coupon groove. I need some help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what type of pocket thing a ma bobs are you using to hold your coupons? I saw somewhere where a lady uses the currency collector pockets... just an FYI, incase you're searching for something...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Courtney, my favorite helpful site is couponmom.com if you haven't used that one yet - it lists the deals by state and each grocery store. And, isn't that what we have kids for? To help us do stuff like that?

    Carrie, I have photo pages right now with my non-food items but hope to find some currancy pages for my food items. I can't find them at Walmart and I know they're available on Amazon but do you know if I can find them locally?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete