Thursday, June 2, 2011

Speech Class

Today is Patch's last speech class for the school year. :( He has really loved going to see Ms. Tangie every week and I know he'll miss her over the summer.

Patch has improved already and I love how patient he is with us and anyone who has a hard time understanding him. If you repeat what he says or just say 'what?' he'll slow down and work on saying the right words. Only occasionally will he say 'nevermind.' He rocks!!


Well, today was suppose to be Patch's last speech class. :( He missed last Thursday because he got hit with a nasty cold and then Monday was Memorial Day. He was so excited to show up for his last class but apparently there were no classes this afternoon. I'm not thrilled that we weren't told. Patch worked on a thank you note and we got his teacher a gift card but now I don't know what to do with it. There didn't seem to be a mail slot or anywhere we could have put it.

So far, I am not overly impressed with the public school system. I've felt like a 2nd class citizen while we've been there - and doing things like not telling us there's no class today certainly didn't help. I sent a note to the teacher apologizing if I should have hung around for class anyhow. To her credit, she did email me back to apologize for not letting me know.

But, look how excited he was about going today!
my cutie patootie :)

1 comment:

  1. I hope he was not too disappointed in the lack of class. It was nice, kind of, that she apologized; however, it seems there are not too many students in that class and she should have THOUGHT to notify you.

    ReplyDelete