Sunday, January 30, 2011

Rental house

We keep working, we keep wondering why we keep having more work to do!

I finally figured out to stain the floors. Some of them were a little worn looking but a little bit of stain makes them look so much better.
It took a bit to match the stain to the existing stain but I think we did pretty good. The door and wall stain are the old stuff, the base board is the new stain:
We're really making a lot of progress on the house and expect to get it back on the market soon but we keep finding new things. Like today, we finally figured out why they left the dishwasher behind (they took so many other things including the stove and every single light bulb in the house!) - Yep, the dishwasher is broken. It has a crack near the door and would leak all over the floor. So, we're not sure if it can be fixed or if we just need to replace it.

It was such a beautiful day, I thought I should take advantage of the weather and get some yard work done. So, I raked the back yard. It was pretty thick with leaves and pine straw but it looks like this now:

On top of all that, we had a flat tire on the way to the house this morning. Some days I feel like I'm not sure what I did to deserve my karma that day.

1 comment:

  1. You did nothing. Somethings things just don't go well. :)

    Looks like it should be ready very soon.

    ReplyDelete