Friday, January 7, 2011

Holidays

Holidays come in all shapes and sizes anymore. It seems like there are 10 or 20 different things being celebrated by different people every day. I thought I'd share some of what look like some fun ones for January...

Jan 1st was New Years Day and we celebrated that with family.
Jan 2nd was 55-MPH Speed Limit Day - I can't say that I would have done this if I had been out on the road - I might have gotten run over!
Jan 3rd was J. R. R. Tolkien Day - He wrote some rather good books, I'd have toasted him if I had known it was his birthday.
Jan 4th - Trivia Day - I keep trying to tell you that I don't know any trivia! Everything I know is important!!
Jan 5th - Bird or Bean Day - sounds like a good day to eat tacos with refried beans to me!
Jan 6th - Twelfth Night - I think that has something to do with the 12 Days of Christmas. I just learned recently that the 12 Days start the day after Christmas.
Jan 7th - I'm Not Going To Take It Anymore Day - Hmmm, I wonder what I shouldn't take anymore. It's a Friday and that's always a good thing!
Jan 8th - two good celebrations! Bubble Bath Day- I'm all over that one! Or should I say under (the bubbles?) and Midwife's Day or Woman's Day - I think Midwives and Women are wonderful people :)
Jan 9th - Balloon Ascension Day - Hot air balloons - I wonder if there will be any to go watch near me. Of course, I hear threats of snow so it might be too cold to fly on Sunday :(
Jan 10th - National Clean off your desk day - With my plans of being more organized this year, I should do this one...
Jan 11th - Cigarettes Are Hazardous To Your Health Day - Yes, they are! So, if you're smoking, at least quit while you're reading my blog. ;-)
Jan 12th - Can't find anything! I'll have to hunt and edit this if I can find something.
Jan 13th - Public Radio Broadcasting Day - I love NPR - enjoy a good dose of it if you can today!
Jan 14th - Organize Your Home Day - okay, now they're pushing it - just because I want to get more organized, doesn't mean I have to do it all in one day!! Sheesh!
Jan 15th - Bald Eagle Appreciation Day - It's the National bird in the USA so if you have any pride in your country - appreciate all the Bald Eagles you've seen!
Jan 16th - Appreciate a Dragon Day - well, maybe we'll watch 'How to Train Your Dragon' if we can.
Jan 17th - Kid Inventors Day - Hmmm, sounds like a homeschool project is in store...
Jan 18th - not a great selection today - Thesaurus Day - I like using a thesaurus so I'll try to use one today.
Jan 19th - Tin Can Day - hmmm, not many to be found these days, I think tuna is still packed in tin and they're suppose to be good to add to a compost pile.
Jan 20th - Women in Blue Jeans Day - I can handle that one!
Jan 21st - National Hugging Day - I'm sure I can find someone to hug that day!
Jan 22nd - Celebration of Life Day - It's a good thing to celebrate
Jan 23rd - National Pie Day - I could have sworn that was 3/14!! Not that pie isn't good enough to celebrate twice :)
Jan 24th - National Compliment Day - I'm sure we could all pass along a compliment sometime today
Jan 25th - National Speak Up and Succeed Day - Hmm, I will work on this one :)
Jan 26th - Lotus 1-2-3 Day - OMGosh! I use to use this program! I might have nightmares tonight! LOL (It wasn't really that bad, it was great at the time even)
Jan 27th - Holocaust Memorial Day - Sounds like another good homeschooling lesson
Jan 28th - Fun at Work Day - it's a Friday so very doable!
Jan 29th - National Puzzle Day - Sounds like fun to me! What kind of puzzle should we do?
Jan 30th - Inane Answering Message Day - hmmmm, you might not want to ask me any questions this day...
Jan 31st - Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day! What a great way to end a month!!!

So, what are you going to celebrate this month?

2 comments:

  1. I think I'll focus in on the 23rd. Sounds like a great day to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! I found you! I didn't want to lose my friend!

    ReplyDelete