Saturday, August 14, 2010

Investment house

It's time to work on the investment house so we can get it rented or sold soon. For those who don't know, we've had the house with a guy who leases it from us and then rent to owns it with someone who doesn't have great credit and tries to help them get back on their feet. His contract is up so we're done with him and going to try to get this sold or rented on our own.

These last people were pretty strange. They seemed to be great tenants, always paying on time, supposedly fixing things up and I think they're the people that built a very cheapy (but LARGE) shed in the back yard. Last weekend, Todd and our good friend Pat worked hard at getting rid of stuff in the back yard - a lot of scrap metal, a lot of junk they took to the dump, some things for us and them (Pat & Jan) to keep. I wish I had taken a picture of the monkey wrench they found - it was about 4 ft long!

Anyhow, the tenant got into a car accident and the rent started getting delayed and then who knows what happened. The place is FILTHY! I know they had a baby there - child locks on cupboards & drawers, infamil left behind and they might have had an elderly person to care for - special handles were added to the tub and it looks like a chair lift in the stairwell. For some unknown reason, they took almost every light bulb out of the house. What I can't figure out is how they put the covers for the light fixtures back up with all the dust and bugs in tact.

One thing I do know about these people is that every picture they had hanging in the place was straight, there are pencil marks near almost every nail hole to show where level was...

I'm not sure anybody vacuumed there in the last four years or wiped off the splatters on the back of the stove. I guess they just didn't have a MIL to keep them in check.

Did I mention that I think they played darts? Too bad they didn't have a dart board to go with them.

So, anyhow... I'll leave you with some pictures and if you know anybody who wants to move to NE Columbia, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment