Sunday, August 22, 2010

Camping

We really need to go camping more often. Even though we ran into some rain, it's really great to be out enjoying Mother Nature.
We were fortunate enough to join our friends Pat & Jan at their camp so we didn't have to supply or set much up. We brought food & chairs - and bug spray!! (I just got done itching from flea bites, I didn't want to add any mosquito bites!) Of course, the first (and about only) thing the boys wanted to do was go swimming. I think they got their fill of it for a little while. It was great that neither of them needs floaties to swim anymore! (Thank you cousin, Danny!)
It was  a little overcast which means I didn't get sunburned this time. YAY!
Food always seems to taste better when it's cooked (and eaten) outdoors! So, I hope you all get to enjoy some time outside soon. Tomorrow we hit the books!

3 comments:

  1. Boy have you guys been busy. I finally remembered the new site name. Yes, I'm slow. :) I hope you can sell/rent the house quickly. And it looks like you guys had a lot of fun camping! I hope we can see you guys soon.

    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy,
    This looks like an awesome Camping trip!!! You'll have to tell me more about it the next time we talk:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was over in Modoc, SC, a US Army of Engineers campsite. They keep them up great! Swimming off of some of the sites and that's a boat dock we were out on. Our friends are the seasoned campers, we just showed up and enjoyed their efforts - but we're learning!

    ReplyDelete