Monday, September 10, 2012

Nature Walking...

I admit it, I will bribe the boys to get their school work done. And, why shouldn't I? I don't mind doing the things I bribe them with. Like today, we hit Pooh Park! The weather is perfect lately and I don't really want to spend every day penned up in the house. We headed to the Lake House side since we've hit the Pooh Park side so many times. Hermione liked it too. I'm sure she appreciates the cooler weather since she has that fur coat to wear all year long. 

Patch took most of the pictures. This is one of the trails we walked. 
Franklin gave up his iPod for most of the pictures. Too bad he missed some things because he was jamming to his music. But, he does love his music!

The butterflies were abundant today, they were flying all around us in brilliant color.

I'm not sure what look Patch was going for here. He did comment that boys could show their bellies though.
I guess since I'm not the only one holding the camera now, I have to get my picture taken sometimes.
Patch know more about this camera than I do. He set it up to take the picture and then ran to get it in. I think the photography camp he did taught him a few things.
I love looking at reflections in the pond. He decided that walking up closer to the pond gave this shot a better look.
These next two are framing the picture of the lilies.

These two are a worms eye view. The sparkle on the pine needle was beautiful but of course, you just can't capture some things in a picture.


This is a cropped version of the first butterfly picture. He does get some good focus on a picture.
So... in other words. It was a wonderful day for a hike in the woods. I hope this cooler weather hangs around a while!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great idea and looks like all of you had a great time. And the pictures look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad you guys got to go hiking:) We were there Sunday afternoon!! The weather has been so nice this week! I really enjoy this time of year!

    ReplyDelete